Monday, March 30, 2009

David eye

Brett was baptized on March 7 as planed, as most things we had a bit of a hitch. David was sick and just getting over a cold and I was hoping to send him to school on that Friday, but he woke up with a couple of cold sours around his eye. He had this before so I wasn’t too worried, but by the afternoon we where on our way to the Doctor. He gave him so meds and told me that he needs to see an ophthalmologist to check his cornea. Well so I called the ophthalmologist and they said if it is hurting him then I should bring him to the ER. Well I was worried so I got everyone settled in finished some of the last bit of things for Brett’s big day and took David to the ER. I got there at 10:30 pm and saw the Doc at 1:00. I told her I felt silly for being there and that maybe he didn’t need to be there. She looked at him and said ho no, no this is some thing to come to the ER. David ended up with a legion on his cornea. They say that is one of the most painful things to have. They completely numb his eye and gave him oxycodone for the pain. I got home at 7:30 just in time to take Tommy to Basket Ball. We then came home and got ready for Brett’s Baptism. The Doctor said that David’s eye will be numb for the next 24 hours but He started to cry during the Baptism that his I hurt and it had only been about 5 hours, I think he is like his dad when it comes to pain meds, the don’t work the way their suppose to. Well we got through the Baptism and the had a party at the park and then went to dinner with John and Jen + kids. David still has red around his eye but his cornea is better. I will have another post about Bretts Baptism with pictures.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry to hear about David!! It sounds like things are on the mend. I am glad to hear that the baptism went well! I wish I could come up and see all of you...perhaps I could talk someone into going up there Easter weekend, wouldn't that be fun?! Won't happen, but it sure is nice to think about...

EmilyLemily said...

Poor little David! Hope he feels better...

Music